Mid Columbia Medical Center’s Sports Medicine Department is pleased to announce our 5th annual series of FREE summer strength & conditioning
camps for local youth athletes.
The camps are designed to enhance athletic performance, reduce the risk of common athletic injuries, and prep athletes for the upcoming fall
As always, our focus is on fun, camaraderie, and positive encouragement, while providing safe and professional coaching from a team of credentialed
and experienced fitness and healthcare professionals
Above: 2015 The Dalles Riverhawks Football Training Summer Camp video.
Camps are open to the following:
- Open to all middle school and high school students
- No need to be participating in a current sport
- Must have signed waiver and current sports physical (within last year)
A series of camp sessions devoted to proper technique, form, and safety in:
- Basic weight-training
- Running form and speed development
- Agility and cutting
- Plyometrics and jump training
- Prevention of common sports injuries
- Basic nutrition/ hydration education
We will be running a series of 5 week long camps tailored to specific athletic populations in The Dalles, Dufur, Sherman County and Hood River. Camps run from June 19 - July 21. Space is limited so sign up on this page today!
|PROGRAM||DAY & TIME||LOCATION|
|The Dalles (Football Only)
||Mon-Thurs (5-7pm)||Amaton Field & TDWHS Weight Room|
|The Dalles (All Sports)||Tues-Thurs (3-4:30pm)||Amaton Field & TDWHS Weight Room|
|The Dalles Middle School
||Tues & Thurs (2-3pm)||Amaton Field & TDWHS Weight Room|
|Dufur Program (Football Only)||Mon, Weds, Fri (7-9pm)||Dufur High School|
|Dufur Program (All Sports)||Mon, Weds, Fri (6-7pm)||Dufur High School|
|Hood River Program (All Sports)||Tues & Thurs (8-9:30am)||Horizon Christian School|
|Sherman County (Football Only)||(6:30-8pm)|
|Sherman County (All Sports)||(5-6:30pm)|
Above: The Dalles vs Dufur Football teams competing at the 2015 Gorge Gauntlet.
In an effort to be accessible to all athletes in the area, MCMC is pleased to be offering these camps free of charge to all participants. Participants will receive a free sports bag for successfully attending at least 75% of camp sessions.
Our coaching staff has been hand assembled from credentialed health and fitness professionals with extensive experience in sports injury prevention, strength and conditioning, rehabilitation, and athletic coaching. With years of experience in the medical field, our team will provide cutting edge training methodologies with an emphasis on safety, fun, and preventing injuries.
Our Team Includes:
- Nicholas Dills, Physical Therapist, Doctorate in Physical Therapy
- Joe Lanzetti, MAT, Certified Athletic Trainer
- Esther Ferguson, Certified Athletic Trainer
- John Baresse, Certified Athletic Trainer
- Meghan Barrington, Certified Athletic Trainer
- Matt Eby, ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Dr. Mark Cullen, Board Certified Sports Medicine Physician